Out of respect for your therapist and other clients wishing to book appointments, please provide at least 24 business hours notice to cancel or reschedule appointments.
Cancellations or rescheduling with less than 24 hours, as well as missed appointments, are subject to the full appointment fee.
If you are sick, please do not come to your appointment. Let me know as soon as possible and we will make arrangements.
The privacy of your personal information is very important. I am committed to collecting, using and disclosing personal information responsibly and only to the extent necessary for the services I provide.
What is personal information?
Personal information is anything that relates to an individual’s personal characteristics, health, activities or views.
Primary reason for collecting personal information
Like all healthcare professionals, I collect, use and disclose information to be able to provide safe, effective treatment to clients. Collecting information about health history, family history and function helps to better serve you or refer you to other health care providers.
Secondary reasons for collecting personal information
- To invoice clients for services or to process payments.
- To have a history of client care to ensure that I continue to provide treatment that is beneficial to the client’s specific needs.
- To provide information to our governing body, the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO), as part of regulatory activities in the public interest.
- Duty to report. As a regulated health professionals, we have a duty to report certain types of suspected abuse (ie. child abuse or neglect as well as suspected elder abuse).
- Insurance company confirmations. Some insurance companies will do random audits on claims. They require information on date, time and cost of appointments.
- Your information is protected under the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA).
- Paper information is kept in a locked filing cabinet and only accessed by me.
- Electronic hardware is password protected.
- Your information can be shared with other health care professionals but only with your written consent.
- You have access to your information at your request.
Retention and destruction of personal information
RMTs need to retain personal information for some time to ensure that we can answer any question the client may have about the services provided and for our own accountability to external regulatory bodies.
RMTs keep client files for ten years after the last appointment according to our College regulations.
I destroy paper files containing personal information by shredding. I destroy electronic information by deleting it and, when the hardware is discarded, I ensure that the hard drive is physically destroyed.
Do you have a question?
Krista Eisner RMT is the Health Information Custodian for all Kent Massage Therapy & Wellness Centre files.
If you require more detailed information on PHIPA you can find it on the CMTO website along with other key information pertaining to the practice of massage therapy including; Regulated Health Professions Act, Health Professions Procedural Code, Massage Therapy Act,1991 and Health Care Consent Act (HCCA). www.cmto.com
The College of Massage Therapists of Ontario is in place to protect the public and regulate the profession of massage therapy. If you have any questions or concerns that cannot be answered by me or by referring to the college website, I encourage you contact the college directly.
College of Massage Therapists of Ontario
1867 Yonge Street, suite 810
(416) 489 -2626
© Copyright Krista Eisner RMT